Library opening hours (school) are;
*8.15am – 7.30pm Monday, Tuesday and Thursday
*8.15am – 4pm Wednesday and Friday
10am – 1pm Saturday
*Please note we open to the general public at 10am
How to contact us
· in person at any of the above times in the library
· pigeon hole marked C. Mitchell in the staff lounge
· phone Internal Extension 316
Direct line: 01224 786190
· e-mail Carol Mitchell (Network Librarian)
The library is a central support for learning and teaching. We aim to fulfil this by;
– providing a positive, welcoming learning environment, which challenges and motivates pupils.
– stimulating interest, enjoyment and curiosity in reading and research.
– working in partnership with all departments and faculties.
– working to support the school aims and CfE.
The library is managed by Mrs Carol Mitchell, a full-time Chartered Librarian. A team of part-time library assistants and relief staff support her in the delivery of the service.
Library Resources and Facilities
The library itself is an integrated library; serving both public and academy simultaneously and within the same space. Borrowers can access a comprehensive range of fiction and non-fiction titles suitable for readers aged 0 up. We also have DVDs, talking books, CDs, magazines, an e-download library facility available online, a book able conference room and a classroom sized ICT Suite. Members of the public can access the internet in the library free of charge and we now have free wi-fi. I-pads are available as well as a plasma screen with an xbox and WII for young folk to use